Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Instant Improvements to Give Your Website More Visibility

Online trading has continued continually to increase and buying and selling online will simply increase over the next 10 or 230 years as the technological revolution continues to gain momentum. Many companies are now realising that having an online web presence is increasingly important for ones business. Below we look at some important and fairly simply things you can do to gain more presence.

1. You do need a website to start with and you will need to consider carefully things such as web host and domain name. If your business is a business focused on localisation, i.e. you are a garage in a specific city looking for local business then make sure you buy either your own country's domain or hosting or perhaps both. Ideally though if you are for example, UK based, buy a co.uk domain and host in the USA or buy a dot.com and then host in the UK. Some British people do use dot.com to search thus covering co.uk and com does help. To be seen high on co.uk results though you will need to have either a co.uk domain or hosting physically sat in the UK.

2. Try and make the site good for the web. Make the Meta Tags page specific, name the images well, include alt tags (also known as alternative tags) and importantly, make the keywords density on each page good. By this I mean to have a decent and realistic number of instances on each page, of that pages keywords. On a webpage about a Bristol garage, have the words Bristol and garage on that page at least a few times.

3. You will need to have links pointing to your website to give it any realistic chance of getting viewed in search engines. There are a lot of techniques for doing this and some of the cheap or free ones include setting up a blog and posting frequently, writing and submitting quality and original articles, asking friends and business partners to promote your site on their site and also to participate in online forums.

4. Make your site good for users because at the end of the day the site is intended for the viewing public. Always consider usability in the design, taking time to ensure that the navigation and content is appropriate and easy to for people to take in. The attention span of the average person is very low so you will need to get it right.

5. Integrate offline marketing with your website promotion. Include your website address on business cards, paint your website address across your van if you can and include some ads in shop windows and hand out leaflets in your local area. There is plenty that can be done.

1 comment:

  1. I am a doctor, and run my own clinic. Marketing was a part that generally doctors are unaware of. I made one website using some free internet designers and free hosting sites, which I though would help me ameliorate my business and also to provide information regarding the health issues, but it doesn’t make a great difference as it was far not found on search engines. And the main problem that the major issue was that search engines filter out those websites which are designed using templates, as they never meet up the designing standards. And as a shock I came to know that I was having my website hosted in the domain having other adult-content and malicious sites, which makes my site to be considered inappropriate to be accepted by search engine algorithms. Then, I came across a website designing and marketing company named as www.medicalwebexperts.com , with which I had a contract for advertising and optimizing my website to make it google-friendly. The main problem with my website was found to be improper website coding, which resisted my website to be listed in top most search. The company did well in reconstructing my website, making it popular using SEO techniques. They also added the functionalities like education to patients, patient portals to keep track of their health, discussion board to allow every patient to express their opinions and experiences, which might help other patients. Such facilities helped my patients to interact with each other, making their life better to live. The benefits were then slowly coming into action. The trust factor and the soft corner for the doctors seemed to emerge in patients. And that was the greatest achievement for me. Website helped me getting a good sum of patients at my doorstep. Web marketing really helped my business work, making my investments in SEO worthy.

    ReplyDelete